We often get asked "Which headset should I get?", which is a question that starts with your budget and needs. This question is more relevant than ever with so many employees working remotely. Here are our top picks for work-from-home headsets based on your budget and desired features.
Top headsets for remote work
We strongly recommend using a wireless headset for all the benefits while on your daily remote calls, meetings, and music-listening. It's a huge quality of life upgrade that is especially useful when working remotely. With a good wireless headset, you can:
- Pace around while talking on calls
- Spin around in your chair
- Not roll over your headset cable
- Look out the window
- Go get a drink/snack/bathroom break
- Freely stretch and move around
- Enjoy better posture not attached to a cable
The moment I switched to a wireless headset, I immediately realized I could never go back to wired. Wireless is that good.
Here's our top picks for wireless headsets that will greatly improve your remote work life:
Best budget WFH headset: Arctis 1 Wireless
The Arctis 1 Wireless gets you a ton of bang for your buck. It works on almost any platform, travels well, and is a fantastic step into wireless.
- Go wireless on virtually any of your devices via USB-C
- Detachable mic
- On-ear mute (a lifesaver on work calls)
But don't just take our word for it...check out what Tom's Guide had to say about it in their article, How a SteelSeries gaming headset kept me sane during the pandemic.
Most popular WFH headset: ARCTIS 7
The Arctis 7 is a fan-favorite all around, and it has developed a great reputation for being a reliable, high quality wireless headset at a good price.
- Extremely solid wireless on PC, Mac, and more
- On-ear mute
Best WFH headset with Bluetooth: ARCTIS 9
The Arctis 9 builds on the popularity of the Arctis 7, but adds the convenience of Bluetooth, which is great for remote work.
- Same feature set as the Arctis 7, plus added Bluetooth
- Perfect if you take mobile calls for work
- Bluetooth can be used simultaneously with the wireless if desired (take a call while still listening to music, etc.)
- On-ear mute
Best premium pick: Arctis Pro Wireless
The Arctis Pro Wireless pulls out all the stops for a super premium home setup. While it might be overkill for remote work, it's great if you're looking for a top quality wireless headset in a top-notch setup.
- Extremely solid wireless on PC (and PlayStation) via wireless transmitter box
- Simultaneous Bluetooth, so you can take calls on the phone via Bluetooth while still listening to your music, etc.
- Hot swappable batteries, so you never have to plug the headset in (one battery charges while you are using the other)
- Hi-res audio dirvers for audiophile-grade sound quality
- On-ear mute
- 20 hour battery life (uses swappable batteries, so you never have to plug in to charge)
Of course there are also plenty of wired headsets that are perfectly suitable for your home PC, Mac, or laptop work too.
We hope this helps you pick an ideal headset to make your work-from-home life easier and more convenient than ever. And of course, when work is over, these are all fantastic headsets for gaming and travel too.